It is quick and easy to create a Twitter account, but what happens then? How do you use it? How do you find people to follow? And, once you have found those followers, what is the best way to communicate with them?
While we understand that people use Twitter in a variety of different ways, at heart Twitter is a service that allows you to instantly connect with people and get a snapshot of what is happening in the world.
At its best, Twitter is a neverending conversation where you can find help, information, answers, services, humor, empathy, friendship and support 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
However, it can also be rife with Spam, ignorance and miscommunication and a complete waste of time. So, today we wanted to compile a quick list of Twitter Do’s and Don’ts to make sure you get the most out of your Twitter experience.
- Tweet about your interests
- Follow real people
- Reply to your followers
- Look at the people that your followers follow to find like minded souls
- Include a reason WHY you liked the links you’re tweeting
- Ask questions
- Ask for feedback
- Retweet tweets you enjoyed
- Be you!
- Send out only links
- Send out only ads
- Send the same message repeatedly
- Follow only celebrities and/or automated services
- Sell out
- Be inauthentic
- Get followers via services that provide large numbers quickly